News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Numbers down ... and down

Started by Bobfly, November 06, 2018, 09:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laxdale

Quote from: fergie on November 16, 2018, 09:43:48 PM

Out of interest what's the charr and ferox situation on that loch. ? I can't find much on Google .

I have had char out of it on the fly, as have many others. I also remember seeing a double figure fish cruising about for about 10 secs, and when a guy cast over it he caught a char!
I know of two ferrox that were caught by keepers. The late J Magarrity had a double figure one out of Aline at the south end (dead bait/downrigger),  and the late D Whitehouse had one of about 9lb trawling a smolt at the north end.
The cheapest way of getting afloat on the loch is through the Stornoway Angling Association, the easiest way is through Aline Estate.

fergie

Kats talking about visiting her brother next year so it could be a opportunity to try and fish a Loch that I've wanted to fish for years.  :idea:

Laxdale

After the general agreement about there being too much regulation in angling, thus deterring newcomers from coming in to the sport, guess what?
MSS is wanting salmon fisheries to record angler effort.
That will be a fun job for angling club secretaries, etc.  :(

Wildfisher

Quote from: Laxdale on December 05, 2018, 02:43:37 PM
MSS is wanting salmon fisheries to record angler effort.

Hope they don't monitor my effort. These days I spend as much time  lying on the bank  enjoying the view or even sleeping as I do actual fishing.  :lol:

Go To Front Page