News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rise Of The Clans

Started by Highlander, December 04, 2018, 11:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Anyone watch this programme?  Thought is was superbly portrayed, Neil Oliver does a sterling job as presenter, looking forward to future episodes. God & here is me thinking Angus Og was a just a cartoon character in the Daily Record, just goes to show my ignorance.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Missed it I'll watch it on catch-up.

Neil Oliver is  a good presenter  although the more extreme in the nationalist movement hate him him because he refuses to support their agenda.  He is regularly hounded by them. A Great Scot and a pleasure to listen to.

Wildfisher

Laxdale

Quote from: claretbumble on December 05, 2018, 10:02:17 AM
Can't stand the man. Pompous twit. Needs a bloody haircut. Pioneered the "walking backwards" camera shot. As President of NTS, he follows in the footsteps of two Dukes of Atholl, the Earl of Wemyss and March, the Marquess of Bute, the Earl of Airlie, the Duke of Buccleuch and most recently Jamie, Earl of Lindsay .... which says all you need to know about his political agenda.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fred got a firm take there.

Lochan_load

I remember when this forum was about fishing  :shock:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Laxdale on December 05, 2018, 11:27:08 AM
Fred got a firm take there.

Always remember, when the line stops -  God Save The Queen then tighten.   :lol:

Actually joking aside I really like Neil Oliver. He presents  his subjects well. I'll check the clans programme this evening. Knowing Neil it will be well presented with the minimum of tartan embellishment. 

Highlander

QuoteI remember when this forum was about fishing  :shock:

It's posted on the OPEN board Andy

QuoteCan't stand the man. Pompous twit. Needs a bloody haircut

"He speaks highly of you"
:roll:

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Lochan_load

Quote from: Highlander on December 05, 2018, 12:51:16 PM

Lochan Load:  It's posted on the OPEN board Andy

It wasn't a complaint about the thread Alan, just the inevitable content of it being a cheap political dig.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Element on December 05, 2018, 01:42:52 PM
Nice enough guy, he started his filming career filming the 'battle of the bean field' at Stonehenge in the 80's. He's often in programs with Prof Alice Roberts; a girl of my dreams  :D
He comes across as a nice fellah on TV.   It's a real shame the relentless attack he is under, but he is big enough and smart enough to handle  it.

Really like Alice too, intelligent and like Neil well informed. Great Brits both of them.   :8)

Wildfisher

Watched it on iPlayer this evening.  The usual excellent stuff  from Neil and the other Scottish academics involved.  History brought to life.   :D

Go To Front Page