News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rise Of The Clans

Started by Highlander, December 04, 2018, 11:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

A good presentation. Much smoother now than in early productions with a shout to the camera and marching off.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Great that   ACDC  lead guitarist is a descendant of Aonghus Og.

johnny boy

Laxdale

Quote from: johnny boy on December 06, 2018, 08:58:00 AM
I agree with loch an lad

Sadly, this thread is just like present day Scotland. Far too much gets made of nothing, purely for political reasons. Lots of people, me included, get a lot of amusement out winding these people up.
Sadly, angling in Scotland IS now a political football, whether it be the actions of the SG regarding fisheries management, or the inaction of the SG regarding salmon aquaculture. We all just want to go fishing with no hassle and for there to be fish where we go fishing. Someone has to stand up to the SG on this.

And for what it is worth, two of the guys I have fished with for years are very active in the SNP. But they are grown ups who can handle all the piss taking that comes their way, and give as good as they get.

As for Neil Oliver, he is good at what he does, which should be enough. It matters not if Corbyn, Salmond, Lord Snotters or whoever did the job before, as long as they did it well. IMO, looking for a grievance where there should be done is fair game for a piss take.

loch coulter

Quote from: claretbumble on December 05, 2018, 10:02:17 AM
Can't stand the man. Pompous twit. Needs a bloody haircut. Pioneered the "walking backwards" camera shot. As President of NTS, he follows in the footsteps of two Dukes of Atholl, the Earl of Wemyss and March, the Marquess of Bute, the Earl of Airlie, the Duke of Buccleuch and most recently Jamie, Earl of Lindsay .... which says all you need to know about his political agenda.
agree with everything you say :8)

Bobfly

Can't say that any "political agenda" was a part of a detailed presentation of historical facts. Perhaps Oliver had secretly brainwashed the eight or so other academics who took part. Funny how those who may have an agenda find them wherever they look.  :shock:
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Quote from: Laxdale on December 06, 2018, 09:57:48 AM
As for Neil Oliver, he is good at what he does, which should be enough.

Yes indeed, that's all that matters.  As a member of the NTS I was delighted by his appointment. Both the NTS and Neil do a fine job of promoting Scotland and presenting the country in a positive light.

Go To Front Page