News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New walking boots

Started by burnie, June 22, 2020, 01:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burnie

I've walked the bottom out of my old boots, so with my sons advice I got a pair of Merrell ones, lightweight with Vibram soles, goretex and proper comfy with no need to break them in. My lads doing Munroes by the bucket load and can't praise them enough, I've only been local because as of yet the Glens are still out of bounds for me. I'll report back when they've had a decent test.

Bobfly

I am sure they will do well. I wear Merrell trainers a lot and they are well made and years back I  had Merrell leather trail shoes climbing on Mt Kenya on rock routes and they were great to wear.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

ianmck

Quote from: burnie on June 22, 2020, 01:08:33 PM
I've walked the bottom out of my old boots, so with my sons advice I got a pair of Merrell ones, lightweight with Vibram soles, goretex and proper comfy with no need to break them in. My lads doing Munroes by the bucket load and can't praise them enough, I've only been local because as of yet the Glens are still out of bounds for me. I'll report back when they've had a decent test.

I always wear Merrell boots. Very reasonably priced and comfy. Only down side is they tend to not stay waterproof for very long but you can't have everything.

Sean Freeman

I've just bought a pair of Merrell Moab 2 mids. They seemed a bargain when you're getting vibram soles and Gore-Tex waterproofing for £90. Surfdome has them in every size including half sizes for anyone interested.

burnie

Quote from: Sean Freeman on June 27, 2020, 09:50:24 PM
I've just bought a pair of Merrell Moab 2 mids. They seemed a bargain when you're getting vibram soles and Gore-Tex waterproofing for £90. Surfdome has them in every size including half sizes for anyone interested.
That's what I bought, got mine from Blacks with free delivery

Go To Front Page