News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Too good to be true??

Started by arawa, October 30, 2020, 02:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laxdale

Your next assignment in Operation Guineapig is to buy a selection of Maxcatch floating lines so we can find out if there are any decent ones.

arawa

Quote from: Laxdale on November 22, 2020, 11:23:28 AM
Your next assignment in Operation Guineapig is to but a selection of Maxcatch floating lines so we can find out if there are any decent ones.
:D :D :D
Very happy with my SA/Orvis and Rio lines thank you. And I have far more than sufficient to see me out too!
I have noticed on another forum criticism is starting to emerge of some Maxcatch products rather than the previous "only fools with more money than sense buy anything other than Maxcatch".

lynturk

Ach well nothing ventured and all that, I was also very tempted, good luck with the refund hope PayPal sort it out.

johnny boy

QuoteI have concluded that this site is indeed too good to be true

This covid business is affecting people in some strange ways, I worry about what they may do next  :BewareSpam

arawa

Quote from: lynturk on November 22, 2020, 12:30:49 PM
Ach well nothing ventured and all that, I was also very tempted, good luck with the refund hope PayPal sort it out.

Paypal reviewed my refund claim very quickly and have contacted the seller asking for an explanation giving him until 2nd December to respond.
I did say that if the goods were actually coming I was happy to wait.......

arawa

Well, it was just too good to be true. Paypal refund received today exactly as promised.
As an aside, the Paypal refund procedure could not have been easier; one short form to be completed and that was it.

Hill loch gold

Good that you got your money back with no problems.
Did you report the fraudulent website?

arawa

Quote from: Hill loch gold on December 02, 2020, 08:24:47 PM
Good that you got your money back with no problems.
Did you report the fraudulent website?

Online to Action Fraud, but they were not at all interested in something I reported to them a few years ago. Perhaps they have bucked up!

Bobfly

Non receipt of goods and a seller gone AWOL will work with PayPal for a refund. If wrong goods or some cheap version arrives PayPal require the buyer to contact the seller with their complaint and resolve their claim with the seller by returning the faulty goods, often to China! That will not work if the seller cannot be contacted to agree anything but PayPal demand that sequence and proof of return. That is a common PayPal problem showing on their own customer site.
Glad that your non arrival was refunded.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

IanR

Just clicked on that site, and Malwarebytes Premium kicked in with this:

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page