News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Chooky Embra

Started by Inchlaggan, April 09, 2021, 02:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

Harley Davidson Owners (HOGS) support muscular dystrophy charities worldwide. The Duke was patron of the UK one. A fundraising event was held at the Hard Rock Cafe, London, featuring the very best of UK heavy metal. The manager became very concerned at the number of bikes and leather-clad bikers that turned up and declared the event cancelled. A heated debate ensued, ending with the manager threatening to call the police. No sooner were the words out of his mouth than four police motorcyclists rode up followed by a Norton Commando whose rider dismounted and removed his helmet. You've guessed of course. Nobody knew he was going to turn up and the manager changed his tune. "Would his Royalness pose for photographs with the Hard Rock Cafe Logo?" You get to guess again. He and Tommy Iommi (Black Sabbath) admiring and discussing a limited edition, aluminium Fender Stratocaster will be one of my enduring memories.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Bobfly

What a super story.  :D  :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Not everyone's cup tea for sure, The Chooky was the man the  left loved to hate,  and  I have no doubt the f***wit element on soshul meeja will be frantically typing insults on their phones and tablets from the safety and anonymity of their mother's back bedrooms.

Deliciously politically incorrect, he was very much a man from another era, loyal, dedicated, a great servant to the UK and a tower of strength to Her Majesty The Queen.

A founder and fundraiser for the World Wildlife Fund.

How many young Brits were introduced to The Great Outdoors as a result of his schemes?

Another fellow angler passes on to That Great Loch In The Sky.

R.I.P. Sir!

emc

One of an ever dwindling band who actually fought for our freedom in WWII and I'd rather spend another hour in his company than many "important " people who are around today.

He'll be greatly mourned by many of us.

RIP, Your Royal Highness.

Laxdale

Wildfisher

Wildfisher

I'm not even vaguely a religious person, but if I'm wrong and there is an afterlife I hope The Duke and our late great friends Malcolm and Bruce Sandison are casting a fly together right now on some celestial trout loch.  :D

tomcatin

I am not religious and am a republican that regards the concept of monarchy as a medieval anachronism that has no place in modern society. That said it would be churlish of me not to the salute passing of  Philippos Andreou of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderberg-Glücksburg and the House Windsor (Saxe-Coburg and Gotha) for his contribution to the war effort, conservation, for developing the magnificent D0fE award scheme, his support of technology/industry/innovation and being a cantankerous politically incorrect wit.

Sadly my 7' 5 weight that killed fascists is deceased!

So in respect and in memorium, PLEASE DONATE TO AND SUPPORT THE WILD FISHING FORUM

Inchlaggan

I think Phil the Greek gave up shooting tigers about the same time as Attenborough gave up "collecting" for London Zoo, but, shag one sheep, as they say. It is also rather easy to be philanthropic with other people's money. But accepting the obligation to shake the hand of the Republican who gloried in his part in murdering your favourite uncle (and his fourteen year old grandson) is a service I would not endure.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

I like to think of The Duke as the John Cleese of the establishment.  :D

Go To Front Page