News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

COVID Jabs UK Well Ahead

Started by Wildfisher, April 13, 2021, 10:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

All over 50s in the UK have now been offered the covid vaccine ahead of schedule.

What a massive achievement for the UK Government. Well done Boris!

Shops all open now in England and Wales, not in Scotland  though  - as usual we are the bridesmaid. But perhaps Nicola Sturgeon  just "forgot" - we have seen how bad her memory is in recent months.  Thank goodness we didn't have to rely on her and her EU  masters for the life saving jabs, 1000s more Scots would be dead by now! :roll:

Bobfly

It is a difficulty to get the EU more up to speed when every user country has its own concern about a possible blood clot at a rate a fraction of the clotting risk from an air flight or taking contraceptive pills.
How many variations on the theme do they all have now?
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

emc

And now the US have paused the J&J vaccine. As well as saying they will not need to use the AZ. What are the EU to do. Time for grown up decisions.

burnie

Pretty sure I would not have had both jabs if it was left to the EU dinosaur to get it's @rse into gear.

Wildfisher

Quote from: burnie on April 13, 2021, 06:54:48 PM
Pretty sure I would not have had both jabs if it was left to the EU dinosaur to get it's @rse into gear.

There is a very real possibility you would still be awaiting your first. I see there have been covid riots in Italy over the past few days.

The EU handling of this pandemic has been criminally negligent. We certainly dodged a bullet there.

caorach

Quote from: admin on April 13, 2021, 07:19:32 PM
There is a very real possibility you would still be awaiting your first. I see there have been covid riots in Italy over the past few days.

The EU handling of this pandemic has been criminally negligent. We certainly dodged a bullet there.

I was always of the view that the UK plan was to come out of the pandemic ASAP to be in a position to take advantage of increasing world trade/GDP etc. I don't know anything about economics but historically the world has always recovered very quickly from pandemics in terms of economies and it seems logical to guess that the countries in a position to take early advantage of this will do best.

Some in the EU thought they could derail the UK progress by spreading bad news about the vaccines but it appears to me that the UK is still moving ahead with the vaccination plans. However, this now leaves the EU with a problem as they have a population who are, in part, reluctant to take the vaccines plus they have sort of committed to a path that excludes some vaccines from general distribution. That I can see their actions aimed, it appeared, at derailing the UK vaccine programme have completely upset their own plans and greatly slowed their exit from the state of emergency resulting from the pandemic.

So my guess is that the EU have shot themselves in the foot and the UK are opening very cautiously indeed aiming to get the economy solidly on the road to recovery. It is like the story of the cameraman and sound recordist out in Africa filming a pride of lions. They find themselves in a situation where it is obvious that one of the lions has seen them and is going to attack them. At this point the cameraman turns around to see the sound recordist putting on a pair of Nike trackshoes. The cameraman says to him "Don't be stupid, you can't outrun a lion" to which the sound recordist replies "Who said anything about outrunning a lion? I just need to outrun you." So it is with the EU I think, we don't need to open up as fast as possible (with that risks that entails) we just need to open up before the EU can. :-)

Bobfly

So long as folk follow the continuing constraints; but I expect plenty reports to come of mass drunken brawls and all night raves ...... !!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

johnny boy

The EU are desperate to make Britain pay dearly financially for the divorce that is commonly referred to as Brexit.

My (and most sane people) moral stance is still that we offer as much help as we can to everyone, this however shouldn't mean the UK should in any way delay it's own economic recovery.

I will take no satisfaction in seeing EU countries sink further in the financial mire, but if they are not going to accept our arm of friendship to pull them out of the quicksand, well, we are not the ones to blame for that.

As has been said many time, a few fuckwit EU politicians are killing thousands so that they can stick it to the UK (as they see it), you can bet your house they have been vaccinated.

Wildfisher

Ripple

Quote from: Bobfly on April 13, 2021, 01:41:50 PM
It is a difficulty to get the EU more up to speed when every user country has its own concern about a possible blood clot at a rate a fraction of the clotting risk from an air flight or taking contraceptive pills.
How many variations on the theme do they all have now?

Know that one so well.

Go To Front Page