News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scottish Travel Restrictions Lifted

Started by Wildfisher, April 16, 2021, 08:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

ianmck

:lol: The usual busy Glasgow spots are deserted today. I have no doubt loch lomond and the trossachs will be plastered in discarded pop up tents, litter and BBQ's by the end of the weekend.

Wildfisher

I was in Braemar today. All the hill car parks were brim full, but the village was quiet and we were able to enjoy an alfresco coffee and cake when we got off the hill. A stunning spring day, didn't spot a single grockle waggon they must all be up Loch Lomond-side and Glencoe.  :lol:

superscot

Quotegrockle waggon they must all be up Loch Lomond-side and Glencoe. 

naw for some reason heading for Lithgi Loch traffic today was grim

arawa

Quote from: admin on April 16, 2021, 06:22:13 PM
I was in Braemar today. All the hill car parks were brim full, but the village was quiet and we were able to enjoy an alfresco coffee and cake when we got off the hill. A stunning spring day, didn't spot a single grockle waggon they must all be up Loch Lomond-side and Glencoe.  :lol:

They are not up here yet. Earlier in the week we drove to Aviemore and back without seeing a single caravan or motorhome on the A9. There are a few here on the Black Isle wild camping because the sites are still closed. Both large campsites are fully booked from the 26th - one for most of the season already.

Wildfisher

Many of the good people of the H&I will be holding their breaths waiting for the dam to burst and the flood of grockle waggons and disposable Lidl tents to overwhelm them.

It will be like Tolkien's siege of Helm's Deep.   :lol:

arawa

Drove along a short stretch of the A9 this morning. Not a flood but a steady flow of camper vans and caravans (one the biggest I have ever seen!) heading north and west.
Still think it madness (or stupidity) to allow travel but keeping the sites closed.

Laxdale

Just in time for wildfire season.
There was a fine bonfire going beside Oban last night.

Wildfisher

Couple of years back the eagle's nest failed in one of our local glens. A troupe of boy scouts set up camp  at the base of the nesting cliff, complete with campfire and a hearty chorus of ging-gang-gooly. The birds were on eggs at the time, were kept off the nest all night and deserted. No doubt they were completely ignorant of the existence of the birds in the first place. Right to Roam has costs but of course the Scottish Gov. Muppets are clueless when it comes to any matter outside the city limits and truth is they are even hopeless there.

Go To Front Page