News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Maxcatch Double Taper Floating Line

Started by Wildfisher, April 27, 2021, 02:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I have a 6 foot #3 weight rod (Shakey Agility 2)  I bought for the overgrown  / machete sections of the local river but the presentation has been vicious with  the short head WF line I have used with it.

I bought one of these to try - can't go wrong at £10.50 delivered next day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MAXIMUMCATCH-Maxcatch-Double-Floating-Fishing/dp/B089QHMS12/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=MAXIMUMCATCH+Maxcatch+Double+Taper+Floating+Fly+Fishing+Line%3A+DT1F-8F%2C100F+in+3&qid=1619527621&s=sports&sr=1-1

I got it today, but have not fished it yet. It looks to be as slick and supple as any other sub-£45 line I have tried and has no memory out of the box, but time will tell.

Anyone else used these lines?

arawa

Quote from: admin on April 27, 2021, 02:51:09 PM
I have a 6 foot #3 weight rod (Shakey Agility 2)  I bought for the overgrown  / machete sections of the local river but the presentation has been vicious with  the short head WF line I have used with it.

I bought one of these to try - can't go wrong at £10.50 delivered next day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MAXIMUMCATCH-Maxcatch-Double-Floating-Fishing/dp/B089QHMS12/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=MAXIMUMCATCH+Maxcatch+Double+Taper+Floating+Fly+Fishing+Line%3A+DT1F-8F%2C100F+in+3&qid=1619527621&s=sports&sr=1-1

I got it today, but have not fished it yet. It looks to be as slick and supple as any other sub-£45 line I have tried and has no memory out of the box, but time will tell.

Anyone else used these lines?

The Maxcatch lines get a lot of praise on the other forum; don't forget to post a review there :lol: :lol:

Wildfisher

Ah, so these lines generate the usual pleasantries and informed balanced debate on there do they?   :lol:   

arawa

Quote from: admin on April 27, 2021, 05:10:20 PM
Ah, so these lines generate the usual pleasantries and informed balanced debate on there do they?   :lol:

Oh, yes! But to be fair, and leaving aside those who think paying more than tuppence for a fly line is unthinkable, the Maxcatch lines get a lot of praise from many anglers who think they are copies of Rio lines.
Absolutely at the other end of the scale, and I am not trying to justify the price, I was using an SA Amplitude line the other day and it was a perfect match with my rod (and my casting style).

Bobfly

I am shocked to read of your substantial contribution to the economy of a major competitor plus further adding to the wealth of one the world's richest men   :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:  :shock: :shock:
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Yeah Vaughan it's sheer anarchy this fly line business.  :lol:

burnie

I prefer a double taper line apart from with a double handed rod, not used that make though Fred, still using a Hardy line that came with my outfit.

Wildfisher

£10 seems cheap but the mark up on UK made lines is phenomenal. I always kept my margins to a minimum and the cost of a line low by avoiding pointless  bells and whistles, fancy packaging that just ends up in landfill etc etc. I know how much these  lines cost to buy from the manufacturer.    Of course now being a retired gentleman of leisure I no longer concern myself with such unseemly crass matters.  :lol:

johnny boy

I ordered a maxcatch sink tip a few days ago as my own one started to fall apart on my last few outings last year.

I too was interested in what all the fuss was about, at less than a tenner it's worth a chuck.

Hill loch gold

I bought a maxcatch gold a few weeks ago...not for myself but for wee alan. Alex reckons these ones are a copy of the rio gold and are decent enough.
I'll stick to my SA & loop lines for my personal use though  :lol:

Go To Front Page