News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rewilding - the other side of the story

Started by Wildfisher, April 28, 2021, 09:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Its Me

I'm sure ravens are protected as they keep them in the tower of London and they say if their are no ravens left in Britain that will mean the fall of the British empire, not that there's much left of it.
While writing this ch5 Inside The Tower of London a bit about the raven master on now.
      A

seamab

A really efficient, but to some, barbaric way to cull sufficient numbers of crows is branching in the nesting season. Farmers around kinrossshire did it when I  was a nipper. Probably a banned practice now.

burnie

The child's song about 4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie was about Rooks, a common country recipe in England up to the 1960's, I've eaten them before. I believe Packham got a change in the law last year to make all Corvids protected and a licence is now needed, that might just be in Englandshire though.

Bobfly

There is listings table here for a General Licence in the parts of the UK.

https://www.fieldsportschannel.tv/generallicences/
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Bobfly

Would be interesting if the IoW sea eagles start taking smaller dogs and pussy cats !!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

tomcatin

Quote from: Bobfly on April 28, 2021, 10:07:04 PM
Would be interesting if the IoW sea eagles start taking smaller dogs and pussy cats !!!

What about the risk to small children?
Sadly my 7' 5 weight that killed fascists is deceased!

So in respect and in memorium, PLEASE DONATE TO AND SUPPORT THE WILD FISHING FORUM

Wildfisher

Quote from: tomcatin on April 28, 2021, 11:30:34 PM
What about the risk to small children?

:lol:  The IoW should be safe enough.  The eagles  only pose a threat to the children of Scottish Gamekeeper Association members.

Laxdale

There are plenty videos showing sea eagle damage on fully frown sheep, and also of them latching onto the backs of red deer calves. (the talon marks were in the same place on the sheep).
Sea eagles are perfectly capable of tackling a small child.
Townie types rejoice in their introduction and marvel at their magnificence.
People that have to live with them respect their killing efficiency. (After you have seen a thousand, they do not merit a second look).
Farmers and crofters just want them dead and gone.

Laxdale

Quote from: admin on April 29, 2021, 08:07:33 AM
:lol:  The IoW should be safe enough.  The eagles  only pose a threat to the children of Scottish Gamekeeper Association members.

Gamekeepers do not care about them. They can be a handy distraction to fill in time with their townie clients on shite days.
It is the crofter and farming groups that want sea eagles dead.
There is currently a lot of noise about trying to get more people involved in crofting. ie, small scale farming of a variety of animals. Mostly part timers needing a second job to survive. The same people promoting crofting (and Gaelic/culture, whatever that is) also hate tourism and are on the edge regarding racism to incomers.
Then there are the tourism providers who deny all wrong doing by eagles and see eagles as a way of putting ££££s in their pockets (and fuck the crofters).
It is an interesting "debate" that is slowly heating up, and is pretty much the opposite of the narrative pushed by the raptor persecution fruitcakes.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Laxdale on April 29, 2021, 08:22:08 AM
The same people promoting crofting (and Gaelic/culture, whatever that is) also hate tourism and are on the edge regarding racism to incomers.
This is the inevitable consequence of electing people who sow the seeds of hate and division. Sadly Scotland, a once happy place,  is full of it now.

"Civic racism".

Go To Front Page