News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Welcome to Bonny Scotland.... No Stopping

Started by Bobfly, April 29, 2021, 02:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

Take care from Tyndrum to Glencoe village !!!  35 miles of proposed no stopping zone being introduced so no taking any holiday snaps of the mountains, lochs and glens. Stopping only in approved laybye sites, soon to be surrounded by toilet paper and litter.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Bobfly

Elf-n-Road Safety. 
Although I am not aware of a spate of accidents on that road the idea is to prevent vehicles stopping except at approved spots.

Laxdale

These restrictions will be rolled out all over rural Scotland. A simple and probably effective way to reign in the "wild" campers. Enough(shit) is enough

Bobfly

There have been considerable tailbacks on that road because folk just stop on the carriageway. £375k is to be spent on the 3 Sisters carpark in Glencoe plus some other bits. I wrote to the Nat Trust a while back about the railings at the Meeting of the 3 Waters layby which is festooned with hunners of padlocks.
We used to spend two weeks fishing in Ireland for quite a few years. Whilst there we would dodge off for three or four days touring about and it is very difficult to find a layby anywhere because of "travelling folk" who would take them over.

ianmck

Completely pointless, the people who randomly stop half on the road on rannoch moor and glencoe are all clueless tourists. They can already be charged for dangerous driving surely.

This will affect people who climb the munro Beinn Mhanach as the parking area at Auch Estate is an unofficial grass verge. The estate will be delighted. They have been illegally trying to stop walkers accessing the area for years.

Wildfisher

Quote from: ianmck on May 01, 2021, 11:28:34 AM
Completely pointless

Of course it is. It will simply be ignored. It's just another chapter in the ongoing  farce that is the government of Scotland.

Laxdale

It will be ignored until the owners of the cars come back to penalty notices glued to their windscreens.
The councils are just testing the waters with what ill work best to control the masses (and I include hill walkers in the "masses"). Between that and quite a few "rangers" in the north, times are a changing (as they must because it is not a nice place to live now).

Wildfisher

I expect this will be consigned to that  massive skip in Edinburgh labelled  Failed Initiatives  along with other gems like the Wild Fisheries Review, the Curriculum for Excellence  and  Nae Singing at Fitbaw Matches.  I wonder how often that skip has to be emptied?  It must be a full time job.  :lol:

ianmck

The fines don't work anyway. The roads around parts of the trossachs and loch lomond are an eyesore as they are full of "clearway, no parking" signs, cones and police tape. It doesn't work, people park there anyway then throw away the fine on their windscreen. It's a regular occurence at the weekend for certain roads to have to be closed by the police. I can't see that ever changing until they start towing the cars.

Go To Front Page