News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Maxcatch Fly Rods

Started by Wildfisher, May 03, 2021, 09:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Hill loch gold

Not heard anything about the rods fred.

arawa

Be brave and have a look at the Maxcatch thread on FFF.  :D  There are lots of reviews and comments on many Maxcatch products and the overwhelming majority are favourable (even effusive).

superscot

QuoteI need a spare 9 foot #5 weight.

Should keep the 40 odd rods company in the garage  :D :D :D :D :D

Wildfisher

Quote from: arawa on May 03, 2021, 11:23:11 AM
Be brave and have a look at the Maxcatch thread on FFF.  :D 

I'm not sure it's worth it. In the past I always felt like I needed a shower  after visiting there.   :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: superscot on May 03, 2021, 12:00:54 PM
Should keep the 40 odd rods company in the garage  :D :D :D :D :D

How often do I have to tell you Colin? One cannot have too many fly rods.  :lol:

Wildfisher

I was just asking Alex. He reckons these rods are Orvis Helios clones.   :lol:

arawa

Quote from: admin on May 03, 2021, 12:32:19 PM
How often do I have to tell you Colin? One cannot have too many fly rods.  :lol:

I thinned out my rods a few years ago (ordered to do so before I was allowed to buy another one :D). Those I kept varied from 10ft #7s and #5s down to an 8ft #3 and for different reasons I loved each one. But then I got into the habit of automatically just picking up my brilliant Hardy travel rod every time and for the past 2 years the others were virtually unused. So this year I made a deliberate decision to try a different rod each trip and so far I have fallen in love again with each I have taken out. Obviously, I made wise choices when buying :lol: :lol:

Terrier

Quote from: admin on May 03, 2021, 01:13:41 PM
I was just asking Alex. He reckons these rods are Orvis Helios clones.   :lol:

The reel seat it very much like helios mk1

roberth

I might take a punt on one of these. I had a Piscifun Sword 5/6 fly reel delivered today and was pleasantly surprised with the build quality for £45.

Go To Front Page