News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Just another "rogue" gamekeeper?

Started by Wildfisher, May 05, 2021, 06:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Seems there are a lot of them about anywhere you find red grouse .

With the SNP and Greens looking to dominate Scottish politics for the foreseeable future I would not be investing my pension in driven grouse shooting  :roll:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-57000780

superscot

Incredibly sad indeed that this is still going on today, Fantastic raptors and those who still seek to exterminate them.

If caught those involved should go to jail no fines no community service, simply jail them.  :( :(

Wildfisher

These Muppets don't seem to have realised that Scotland has changed.

I'm no SNP or Green supporter, but I am smart enough to understand they are going to dominate Scottish politics  into the foreseeable future and already have driven grouse shooting in their sights. The criminal idiots who do this  just hand ammo to those who are out to get shooters, anglers and all those who engage in activates they do not "approve" of. 

Driven grouse shooting is in its death throes and frankly when you see this sort of indiscriminate nuclear stupidity the sooner it's gone the better. When I read this I am tempted to vote for ANY party who will outlaw it and I know I am not alone.

superscot

QuoteWhen I read this I am tempted to vote for ANY party who will outlaw it and I know I am not alone

Problem is Fred they never keep that pledge ..

arawa

Watched a pair of these magnificent birds circling around their eyrie (which has been in the same location for years) while fishing on Friday.
Sickening. The perpetrators must be under pressure of some kind - direct or indirect - from somewhere to carry out such acts.

Bobfly

Is someone looking to cause trouble for Invercauld? Put down the carcase and wait to see? Seems unlikely that someone putting down a poisoned hare would not then keep an eye on it and be then off smartish with the evidence....... ?  Seems unlikely too that someone happens on a poisoned bird in a vast area. Did it have a tracker?
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

These kind of  "it was planted by the RSPB"  conspiracy theories are often trumpeted by the game preservers  and   are about as credible as the idiot nationalist supporters who believe Scottish exports that go via English ports are counted as English exports as part of some Evil Westminster Master Plan to do Scotland down.  :lol:   The public don't believe it and more importantly the police and the politicians who will legislate to reign in these estates and regulate grouse shooting don't believe it.

caorach

Amazing, the dead eagle lying right beside the dead hare. How often does that happen? Ideal photo opportunity though. It is also interesting that the hare is still in one piece. Anything I've seen having been eaten by a raptor has been pulled apart and spread over a goodly area but it looks like this one hare was spotted by one eagle which came down, took one small peck and then fell over dead. No other birds or animals spotted the likely food source and removed it, ripped it apart, or took a small peck themselves and fell over dead. How unusual.

I completely understand your position on protecting raptors Fred and I also accept that, especially in the past, killing raptors was just part of country life and that some of that still goes on. However I completely refuse to believe anything the RSPB report as being true as there have been just too many cases where the details turned out to be manufactured, the frozen red kite that toured the north of Scotland being one example.

It must be kept in mind that the RSPB aren't a conservation charity, they are a big money, big business with a political agenda and the only product they had to sell is fear and doom. We've seen that the SNP are willing to attempt to put their previous leader in jail, think what they'd do to the enemy? And the RSPB are nothing but the airborne regiment of the SNP. 

Fishtales

It must have been very fast acting poison for it to kill the bird still on the kill.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

burnie

I'm hoping that there's a serious change in our political group, the so called Greens supported dredging for Scallops when the SNP proposed it to continue in the West coast sea lochs, whilst everyone who knows anything about the damage this does to the lochs were dismayed. I'm hoping that people can see what damage is being done by these pirates.

Go To Front Page