News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Just another "rogue" gamekeeper?

Started by Wildfisher, May 05, 2021, 06:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: tomcatin on May 05, 2021, 11:08:12 PM
I just hope that it has nothing to do with angling!

I saw the report on this and it may well have something to do with angling.  19th century  attitudes die hard. I knew a keeper who in the one breath moaned about catch and release lowering  the average size of trout on his loch and in the next breath he was cursing ospreys  for taking all his fish.  All these criminal  incidents are just steps along the road to more and stricter regulation.

Inchlaggan

Police report in full.

https://www.scotland.police.uk/what-s-happening/news/2021/may/officers-are-continuing-enquiries-into-the-poisoning-of-a-bird-of-prey-found-dead-near-to-crathie-in-aberdeenshire/?fbclid=IwAR37w2M40qDCzbfZ0z6QMofYrxe66Jk2bQ6XzqQOaWW4R813t_yGu8IDODc

The photo does not form part of the report (Police would be highly unlikely to publish "Scene of Crime" evidence) and is RSPB copyright.
It is not claimed that this is how the corpses were found  (which gave rise to doubts about the existence of such a fast-acting pesticide poison) and the Police statement does not state that a pesticide was involved in this case nor does it mention a hare. Again, the Police would definately be very foolish to let such a crucial aspect (the means) of the investigation be published lest it prejudice the case,

As in previous cases, a prosecution is unlikely to happen or succeed. Much better to arrange and publish an emotive photograph and statement (forcing the Police to do the same) and have the issue tried in the court of public opinion. Just in time for the election
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Quote from: Inchlaggan on May 06, 2021, 08:13:46 AM
The photo does not form part of the report (Police would be highly unlikely to publish "Scene of Crime" evidence)

I think most people who paused for thought managed to figure that one out.  It was obviously a library image and the BBC report stated the poisoned bait was found nearby, not next to the victim. But  then that does not fit as well with the wild conspiracy theories.

Bobfly

Unfortunately, most people do not pause for thought ... see the picture .. evil Tory Scum ... at it again !!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page