News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Election Day Are You Voting?

Started by Wildfisher, May 06, 2021, 07:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I am, but I know a hell of a lot of people who are not. Ask them why and they tell you they are utterly disgusted with who and what is on offer and don't want to vote for any of them.

I first voted in 1974 - (SNP) and I can honesty say I cannot recall a time when the quality has been so low and the choice so dire. The future seems to be all about stifle, petty bickering, scare politics and division and it's a matter of just holding your nose and selecting the least bad option.

What a dreadful state of affairs!  :roll:

Inchlaggan

I will. It should be compulsory. At least publish the names of those who don't, so I can tell the whingers to STFU when they complain.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Quote from: Inchlaggan on May 06, 2021, 08:25:18 AM
It should be compulsory.

I think so, but enforcing it would likely end up as a  shambles.

I'm just back in after a trek through a 6th May globally warmed snow shower. There were 11 people in the polling station. Me and 10 officials.  :D

arawa

Postal voted.
Shortly will start calling people on a supporters list urging them to vote. Be interesting to see what response I get. Previous canvassing calls could be interesting  :roll:

Wildfisher

That's brave of you David. Recently George Galloway was asked why you only ever see SNP stickers in people's windows. I recall George's answer went along the lines of perhaps the others don't want a brick through their window. George himself and his family have received death threats.

Welcome to Civic Nationalism Scotland 2021.  :roll:

arawa

No bricks although many posters and field placards have been vandalised or stolen. Only telephone canvassing has been permitted and my most challenging experience delivering leaflets was when the home owner rushed out to put the leaflet in the bin. He was an SNP councillor and we ended up having a very friendly discussion with him wanting to know how if living in Scotland I could possibly not support the SNP.
I have relearned the lesson that image is more important than actual performance; the number of times I heard that people "would be voting for NS because she has kept us safe"

burnie

I can't believe that the other parties allowed the snp to hi-jack the national flag, the flag of the individual countries belong to those people not not nationalists with their racist undertones. For the first time in my life I intend to vote tactically rather than vote for my own pocket and personal persuasion.

Wildfisher

Have you seen the list vote paper for our area Richard. It's about 2 yards long.  :lol:

I was sorely tempted to vote for the abolish the Scottish parliament party, the most sensible candidate there by a long chalk, but like you I voted tactically.   

burnie

When I entered politics in the early 1980's I honestly thought with my experience gained I could make a difference for people and make the place better for my kids, now I get the feeling folk go to Uni get a degree then get a job, I'm not sure some of them actually care which party they get a job with at times. We have a prime minister whose last employers said he wouldn't have given him a reference for the job, beggars belief, wonder if a war with France will make a difference?

arawa

That's me finished my call list with no rude responses although most people were out. Had my second jab earlier in church hall next to the polling station. No queues to vote.
Two days of vote scrutiny at the election counts now, and then I will be glad to get back to fishing (weather permitting - more monster hail storms here today).

Go To Front Page