News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

A busy wee spell on The Local today

Started by Wildfisher, May 10, 2021, 08:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Bobfly

Great to have such a handy small river close by.  :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

It is indeed Vaughan. In the main small fish, but if you keep your expectations realistic it's seldom disappointing.  :D

burnie

The warmth is something I've been waiting for, with Bats on the wing and plenty of insects, I'll try and get out myself tomorrow. Good video again Fred.

Wildfisher

Big hatches yesterday Richard so worth a try. It's a lot windier today though.

Tweed

Enjoyed that.  Good stuff Fred.  Amazing what a wee bit of warmth can do. 

Wildfisher

Aye the bandies were suicidal  :lol:

caorach

It is always great to get into the fish Fred. I know you say they are wee but if the river only holds wee fish then it is wee fish you will catch and I see no reason why they should be any easier to catch, or less sport, than a bigger fish on a river that holds bigger fish.

Wildfisher

Exactly Philip. Mostly sub 10 inch fish with the occasional bigger one. That's just the way the river is and has been since I was a boy. As long as you keep your expectations realistic then what's not to like?

I'd guess the best wild brown  I have had there would be 2lb, lots of pounders too over the years. I've had bigger sea trout and the very occasional salmon but we are talking 40 years ago.  :lol: I'm just lucky to have a wee gem like that so close to home. I could walk there.  :D My club membership costs me about £20 for the season (OAP concession). If that river was  in the south and stuffed with wild fish as it is it would be well over £20 for a day - if you could even get on it. As trout fishers we really are spoiled in Scotland, no it's not in the same class as NZ but it is what it is.

superscot

Fair enjoyed on the big Telly Fred pretty sure you will hook into one of the larger chaps at some point. Wee dry flee did the

Go To Front Page