News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Local River Update 21st May.

Started by Wildfisher, May 21, 2021, 05:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

arawa

Interesting.
More in desperation than expectation, I went into the hills yesterday to see if it was possible to go fishing. Despite several days of rain, the burns were surprisingly low but it was bitterly cold (4'C on the car's gauge) and the cloud level was not far above me and certainly well below the level of the lochs I had in mind to fish.
Perhaps frustrated by the cloud level over the lochs, I watched an Osprey trying to fish on a tiny trackside lochan (that I know has trout because I put 5 in last year!).

Laxdale

The Conon was running at 6 or 7 degrees last week, and the lack of rising trout compared to usual was noticeable.

Wildfisher

Alex was telling me the Clyde is the same. Good hatches but not a lot or risers.

Bobfly

Up where we are Heilan has turned to soup, as happens frequently. Caught 22 or so from Yarrows but only one on Watten. 30 mph steady today, temp at 6. Halladale moors tomorrow so fingers are crossed !!! Fleece trousers and chesties for the tube !
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Bobfly

Worth a mention ... 1st of May, first day for Heilan, a 19 lbs brown. May be a new record as 15 lbs and some ounces was the previously mentioned biggie !!!!!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

arawa

Quote from: Bobfly on May 21, 2021, 09:41:39 PM
Worth a mention ... 1st of May, first day for Heilan, a 19 lbs brown. May be a new record as 15 lbs and some ounces was the previously mentioned biggie !!!!!!
Wow! Was it returned?

Hill loch gold

Quote from: Bobfly on May 21, 2021, 09:37:42 PM
Up where we are Heilan has turned to soup, as happens frequently. Caught 22 or so from Yarrows but only one on Watten. 30 mph steady today, temp at 6. Halladale moors tomorrow so fingers are crossed !!! Fleece trousers and chesties for the tube !

Toby who we rent the hoose from up there said a few big 1s have been caught...think he had an 18 pounder. He reckons a 20 will come off it this year.

Is watten well up with all the rain of late Vaughan?

Norscot

Quote from: arawa on May 21, 2021, 10:36:26 PM
Wow! Was it returned?
There were three fish caught last week.  One a shade over 15lb, one a shade under followed a day or two later with one just over 20lb.

arawa

Quote from: Norscot on May 22, 2021, 09:12:06 AM
There were three fish caught last week.  One a shade over 15lb, one a shade under followed a day or two later with one just over 20lb.
Wow again!!  :D

Go To Front Page