News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Local River Update 21st May.

Started by Wildfisher, May 21, 2021, 05:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laxdale

I felt the need to look at the loch on Bing satellite view. It is not hard to understand why big trout live in there, given the amount of agricultural nutrients that run into the loch.
Kind of like the S Uist "machair" lochs on steroids.

Bobfly

Average depth 1.5 metres. I was due on 2 days back and it was soup. Booked again Saturday coming ... may again be soup !! Stirs up badly and very heavy weed by mid summer. I was told that the recent biggie was returned. 
I have fished St John's before ... and twice missed big lumps !
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Noddy

Everybody seems to be complaining about the weather.  We were down in Galloway for break 17-20 May, first 3 days absolutely beautiful. Short sleeves and shorts most afternoons, people using suntan lotion!!  Woke up on the morning of the 20th could hear the wind getting stronger and stronger.  Then there was the rain you would have thought someone was blasting the caravan with a fire mans hose.  Well what do expect its Scotland at least we never got snow!!

Jim

Wildfisher

Quote from: Noddy on May 22, 2021, 11:20:49 PM
Well what do expect its Scotland at least we never got snow!!

We had a frost this morning. Ice on the cars. Global warming obviously.  Anyone got Girning Greta's phone number? :lol:

arawa

Busy building an Ark just now  :shock:

Wildfisher

My river is over it's banks AGAIN.  :roll:

[attachimg=1]

Laxdale

Two dribbles and a drip over here so far. Just enough to turn the lawn into a jungle. There is a chance it will turn properly wet later, but that is only a maybe.

Go To Front Page