News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

A Cast From The Past

Started by Wildfisher, June 06, 2021, 01:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

roberth

That looked like hard work.  :D

Wildfisher

It will take my arm days to recover.  Amazing that back in the day you never gave these old rods a second thought. :)

I think I may stick with the Sage ZXL  :lol:

arawa

I had both a Milbro rod and a Rimfly reel. I think it was my third outfit in the late 1960s or possibly very early 1970s. If I am honest, I probably caught more fish with it than I have with my current exotica rods. But I used to scoot up the hills in those days at every opportunity :D
I do not need another rod. I do not need another rod. Fred, is the ZXL as good as its reputation?

Wildfisher

I think the ZXL is old hat now, no longer made. Sagecirca now I think but that might be old now too.  :lol:

arawa

Quote from: admin on June 06, 2021, 03:37:24 PM
I think the ZXL is old hat now, no longer made. Sagecirca now I think but that might be old now too.  :lol:
Thanks. I have a mid-flex Helios 8'4" 3-weight that is my light-line rod and it makes me smile every time I cast with it. I really really don't need another rod!

burnie

Are you sure you don't.....................................? :lol:

sagecirca

Quote from: admin on June 06, 2021, 03:37:24 PM

Indeed...The Circa was a niche rod, only available in 7'9 or 8'9 and is much softer than the ZXL. I guess the Sage fan boys - myself included - would have hated the Circa range as they were so slow and soft. I have been using them since they came out but as of last year I have been using the Trout LL they re-released a year or so back. A little faster but about still ok for a dry fly rod.

Go To Front Page