News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

A couple of hours on the local river

Started by Wildfisher, June 21, 2021, 09:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

burnie

Nice watch Fred, enjoyed that, I used a similar method, but using my Fly line and rod, long leader and often next to no fly line out of the end of the rod, I have also fished downstream swinging the nymphs round like you would for a Salmon, catches the odd fish too.

Wildfisher

It's very effective Richard, but I don't use the method that often. As I said I don't really think of it as fly fishing, it's pretty much the same as long rod upstream worming except there is no worm to fly off the hook, so it's a lot easier.  :lol:

I'm pretty sure "fly fishing"  without a fly line was banned in competitions but I might be wrong about that,

burnie

I tried it on the section between Waulkmill and Kirkton mill today, had one fish about 6 ounces and that took a dry fly, though nothing much was rising, the river looks empty of fish down here, most odd.

Wildfisher

I think a lot of fish were displaced by the massive flood in May.  Some of my banker spots up here have been slim pickings.  Where do you access that spot Richard, it looks like machete country?

burnie

I usually get in the river and stay in it Fred, I got in at Balmullie today as they've still got the road closed nearer our village, normally I walk, but today I took the car.

Go To Front Page