News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Out for a couple of hours on the local river today

Started by Wildfisher, June 30, 2021, 10:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

superscot

Fair enjoyed again on the big telly Fred and a couple of bonny trout among them all. What i did notice was how much you were enjoying using that lump of fiberglass and just how easy it was to put a line out. The other question was yer wee stream stocked at any point.
Cheers Colin   

Wildfisher

The glass rod is good, but not as able as a carbon rod casting into a wind.

Historically the river was stocked with small fish, the club even reared its own fish at one time. Bear in mind AAC is one of the oldest in Scotland founded in 1876 which is remarkable. The club still stocks a few bigger sterile triploids that are very obviously different from the natives. They are stocked below the weir at Boysack and quickly end up at Lunan Bay. Never see them on the upper river.

superscot

QuoteThe glass rod is good, but not as able as a carbon rod casting into a wind.

Still worth yer £ outlay

Wildfisher

arawa

Quote from: admin on July 01, 2021, 08:51:16 PM
One cannot have too many rods Colin.  :lol:

Try that line on my wife and see where it gets you  :shock:

burnie

Quote from: admin on July 01, 2021, 08:43:54 PM

The club still stocks a few bigger sterile triploids that are very obviously different from the natives. They are stocked below the weir at Boysack and quickly end up at Lunan Bay. Never see them on the upper river.
I've only had one of them on the lower river, I think the wormers have them all out in about a fortnight lol.

Go To Front Page