News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fishing A Highland Stream Today

Started by Wildfisher, July 15, 2021, 07:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

superscot

Loved the scientific terminology used Fred. Will have a wee CHUCK in here loved it very pretty water amid the Tenerife weather conditions and that 2lb fish was your Brucie bonus.

Wildfisher

Aye Colin the going was tough for sure but it's always nice to get an unexpected good fish in very difficult conditions.

Laxdale

Was that a salmon redd eight minutes into the film?

Wildfisher

Quote from: Laxdale on July 15, 2021, 08:47:25 PM
Was that a salmon redd eight minutes into the film?

Very possibly, looks ideal but I have never checked it during the spawning season. The salmon  go beyond the loch, I've seen them up there in winter, but the majority of them run and almost all the big spring fish go up the other tributary. No fishing allowed at all up there.  Names withheld obviously although most of you will know it. :D   It is a fabulous  river.

east wind

An enjoyable set of videos your putting together Fred, chilled out just watching them. A far cry from what i was doing during that annoyingly cold March/April/May, yomping miles of river bank looking for a single riser mostly in vain.
I've not really been out for over a month now due to the hot dry summer. Golf is the answer.
A handsome trout as a bonus, and like most of us getting the line onto the reel at the first inkling of a decent fish.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Wildfisher

Thanks Mac. These videos are just a way of tying my 3 main hobbies together. Fly fishing, photography and to a lesser extent hill walking which is getting harder with each passing year. It just adds another dimension and challenge for me, My fishing  was getting a little jaded and last few years I had not done much of it at all.

We really need some water though.

east wind

Quote from: admin on July 15, 2021, 10:01:09 PM
We really need some water though.

I was looking at the river levels on my local. By my reckoning it's close to the record low and there's no sign of significant rain any time soon. Like I said I've just tapered off to zero recently but I'm going to contact my mate for an update as he's got his his ear to the ground.

Similar to about 4 years ago when we had a cracking summer that coincided with my going to Norway for 9 days supposedly for prime time trout fishing. Turns out they were in the middle of their worst drought in 67 years or something like that :)

That was the year I rejoined a golf club.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Wildfisher

Quote from: east wind on July 15, 2021, 10:32:08 PM
By my reckoning it's close to the record low

We are not at record low yet, the massive floods in late May prevented that so far.

scoobyscott

Fair enjoyed that. Great fish given the conditions

Go To Front Page