News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scotland's Mask Culture

Started by Wildfisher, August 22, 2021, 08:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Well if what I have been witnessing over the past week is typical it looks like Sturgeon's autocratic mask rule is being observed by fewer and fewer people.
On Wednesday at least 1/2 the customers in the supermarket were mask-less and I was the only one who bothered to put on a mask in the local Indian carryout this evening.  The vaccination roll out was supposed to end this nonsense and one has to conclude Scotland is being forced for reasons other than health.

It may be that Scots are looking south over the border to free England-shire and seeing pretty much no mask wearing, no greater covid rates  and saying sod this. It will be the last time for me.

caorach

I think a big problem is that people, me included, are pretty confused by what the rules are as we may not follow news and politics in anything approaching the detail that many imagine. So I might hear the Radio 3 news for example and it may report on the situation in England without giving clear details as to differences in other areas. I might be vaguely aware that there may be differences but it might seem like a lot of trouble to work out what they are and it might also seem like if I just go with the English model I can't be far wrong.

I have no problem at all with wearing masks and am still doing it where I believe it is necessary, or required, but the honest truth is I'm not really completely clear on those details and if our so called politicians had just kept their nose out of it and gone with the same regulations as England it would have been easier for everyone.

superscot

The problems lie with those who think they know better the rules for me are very simple you always wear a mask on any public transport. When you enter a restaurant/pub you wear a mask when you sit down you can take it off when you go for a pee or pay the bill you put it back on until you leave the premises. Can't get any simpler than that. I have been wearing one every single day in work and kind of gotten used to it in my trade Taxi very simple no mask you can walk its my place of work and its me who decides who travels if they don't like it as I said you walk. I for one will continue to wear one till I feel safe not to. Those who wish to congregate at say for example football /night clubs       its your choice not mine I may say.
I did notice during the week seems we have the highest drink problem among the UK countries, and they are probably right the number of youngsters who try and get in your car so bloody drunk is beyond me and its mostly young girls wreaked out their heads on whatever drink or substances they can get hold of. Drinking culture has changed drastically since the start of covid the outset of mancaves/summer houses means most people now drink in their own homes cheaper for a start.
That's when I choose wither you walk or get in as its now a common problem of being sick or the girls do like a good piss on your back seats and im not joking had it twice totally disgusting.
For me I will stick to the mask wearing   

burnie

I tend to treat what the politicians say with a shovel of salt, I listen to the medical advice from my gp and from the govt advisors, as I know my lungs are not 100% having recently clambered up a couple of Munroe's with my son and was gasping when I got to the top of the first one. I shall continue taking precautions, avoiding going in crowded spaces indoors where I can and wearing a mask if I can't avoid it, what others do as long as they respect my space, is up to them.

Wildfisher

With the Greens now running the Scottish Government rumour has it the new mask design for winter 2021 - 22 could look something like this

[attachimg=1]

Bobfly

Was in the centre of York on Monday. Place is mobbed, virtually normal. Plenty folk still wearing masks but a happy relaxed feel to the city. Somewhere where "the High Street" is booming with huge numbers of small businesses and Yorkshire having the same size of economy as Scotland.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Fishtales

Quote from: admin on August 25, 2021, 09:18:20 AM
Here we go again. Nicola's masks seem to be working well. :roll:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19533722.covid-scotland-infections-hit-new-daily-record-sturgeon-warns-cannot-rule-out-reimposing-restrictions/?fbclid=IwAR09kONATixaXaz0YnJao2aU73N_a_zWZiUnqyKCh-w24J_mjfdawxHy-Us

Schools are back. My grandson, at high school, has tested positive yesterday but the rest of the family are negative and he is the one that was always extra careful. His older sister is at the same school.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Go To Front Page