News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rain

Started by Fishtales, September 04, 2022, 09:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanR

It's been hammering it down, with thunder, in Annan.

Guest_8

The Lunan has had a wee wash out overnight, and looks to be dropping off nicely Fred!. I've a new rod to try out, which I'm desperate to do, but I've loads on the next few days, it may have to wait til saturday.  :(

Wildfisher

I've just been down to have a look. It's like flowing mud! I think there is more to come by the looks of it. :)

Guest_8

Must've been a shitload of rain overnight, the Ayr has been around 0.4m at Mainholm since about april, hit 2.25m this morning. Hopefully it'll clear and settle for a full day on the dries on sunday!  8)

Wildfisher

Slight rise here overnight but not what was expected. The river  should be in fine fettle by Sunday although I worry  that many of its inhabitants may end up in a Romanian fish stew.  :(

Guest_8

Did you get out Fred? Lugar and the Ayr had dropped off nicely, still quite high but the colour had cleared. Had 5 on the dries in the Lugar, then 3 on the Ayr, and lost a good few too. Good days fishing, Pretty much all on the Dynamite Harry.

Felt distinctly autumnal though, first time I've actually felt cold in my waders since spring, cold downstream wind didn't help to be honest either.

Wildfisher

I didn't go out, I seldom fish at the weekend, but one or two other club members did and had fish. The river is clear now  and still up a bit, so I might go out today now that everyone else is back at work!  ;)

Go To Front Page