News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Last weekend of the Trout season....

Started by Guest_8, September 28, 2022, 10:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guest_8

What's your plans?.

I had a lovely Friday afternoon on the Annick last week, 4 cracking troot to the PTN, one at 1.5lb. Monday, conditions were the same, but a riding water instead of falling. Not a sniff.

Looking at the forecast, it's to be horsing it down here on Friday, So the river may be a bit much*, I may opt for a wee sojourn into Galloway for a day on a hill loch.

What's your plans?.

* I'll be learning how to euronymph for grayling over the next few months, so will get plenty exposure to high rivers!

Wildfisher

I always plan to go out on the opening and closing days, but the closing day is normally scuppered by bad weather. We shall see what happens next week. 

Hill loch gold

I'm heading to sunnier climes for 2 weeks on saturday, so my season is over ☹️
Not looking forward to the winter. The older i get the more i dislike it 👎👎

Wildfisher

Aye Alan, while Scottish winters are seldom very cold, they are v..e..r..y  l..o..n..g  and miserable. Just something you get through rather than enjoy. I reckon they are the main reason we Scots are such a miserable bunch of whining fuckers.  ;D ;D ;D

Enjoy your break in sunnier climes.   :)

Sean Freeman

We have the first week of October in Derbyshire too but my wife ensures I'm busy most weekends at this time of year! I'll do a bit of dry fly on the Derbyshire Wye and Derwent this Saturday, pretty excited to get out again and a bit sad it'll be my last of the season.

Can't complain this year, think I had thirty odd wild trout over 3lbs up to about 5.5lbs and also a fair few Arctic Char, with a few amazing specimens between 4-7lbs. The best of the fishing was over by the end of June though.

Wildfisher

Well the first proper autumn storm has hit us today with heavy rain and gales. The trout season closes in exactly 7 days and I'd like to go out on the closing day if there is a bit of water, however the forecast does not look great. That could change though, who knows.

Perhaps it's time to start planning for a possible trip to New Zealand - Vlad The Impaler wiling of course.  ;)

Sean Freeman

My end of season dry fly fishing won't be happening anyway. Think I'll just have a whisky tonight and day dream about next years plans.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Sean Freeman on September 30, 2022, 08:14:52 PM
Think I'll just have a whisky tonight and day dream about next years plans.

Now that sounds like a good idea.  8)

Guest_8

Aye, rivers here are massive, don't imagine they'll drop enough even to nymph them tomorrow.

Hill loch it is.

Bobfly

I'll be out with the tube tomorrow or Monday, or even both .... !
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page