News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

To Kiwi Or Not To Kiwi?

Started by Wildfisher, September 29, 2022, 12:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

........................... that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of an outrageous Scottish Winter
Or to take a plane to NZ and fight  against giant river broonies .............................

That is indeed the question. Alex and I are certainly thinking hard about this. I'll be 70 soon and might not have many more opportunities.
With new chancellor Quasimodo or whatever he is called seemingly intent on wiping out our savings with inflation and Sturgeon taxing us to death, might  as well spend what little cash we have  now while it still has some meagre worth.

So assuming WW3 does not break out there is a chance we will fly off to Middle Earth after the New Year.

We shall see.  8)

Wildfisher

superscot

Fred 100% go for it, Your only young once take trip ....get away for a month or even twa

Hoolet

Doesn't matter what happens Fred,  you know you won't regret it
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

Wildfisher

Last time Alex and I went it was for 5 weeks. You need at least 3 weeks to make it worthwhile.

Hill loch gold

Yous should get out there Fred. I know Alex misses it
8)

Wildfisher

Just getting out of dreary Scotland in mid winter is enough Alan, the world class scenery  and fabulous fishing are just a bonus.  :)

Sean Freeman

Do it Fred, life's too short. A month or two fishing in paradise whilst everyone else freezes their balls off in the uk sounds great to me.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Sean Freeman on September 30, 2022, 08:13:35 PM
Do it Fred, life's too short.
Life is even shorter when you reach 70 Sean.  ;D

Mind  you I'm not as old as Fishtales or  Bobfly and I think even Inchlaggan may have a   year or two on me. Let's face it the majority of anglers are not youngsters ;D

I have a massive respect for these guys. (grovel)  ;D

Seriously though I will go if I can but that depends on some matters that are out of our control.

The fishing in many places abroad is in a different class from that at home and it's not just the size of the fish I mean, in fact for me that's not the reason I go.

Go To Front Page