News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

To Kiwi Or Not To Kiwi?

Started by Wildfisher, September 29, 2022, 12:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guest_8

sagecirca

You can't take money with you Fred so crack on is my opinion! Pass on my regards to Alex, I haven't spoke to him in a while.

Wildfisher

With double figure inflation and fractional savings interest there is no point keeping  what money you may have in the bank and watch  it evaporate, that's for sure. Savers have been pummelled for at least 10 years but now it's just crazy. Still, could have been far worse if Eck the groper had got his way!  Some of us have seen it all before in the 1970s.   ;D

So perhaps it's time for one last Kiwi troot catching blow out!  Putin willing of course. Some guy that Putin he even decides when we go on fishing holidays now.  ;D

Wildfisher

It's looking like it may be starting on the North Island around Taupo and the Tongariro  hammering the rainbows for a week or so then flying down to Queenstown for a month at the big browns.  Not a definite yet, but getting closer.   8)

Bobfly

Sounds a good plan! Two plans in one. Did the Tongariro Alpine Crossing with a friend when we were there. Great lunar landscapes.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

scoobyscott

As said already, go for it. Im not long back from a week in the Czech. Great fishing and a good crack. Just getting away from it all and tine to switch off is enough of a reason.... I'm looking to book up again already 😂

Wildfisher

Not 100% yet, but 99.9.

Leave Weegie-land Airport Jan 31st, fly to Auckland, a week in the Taupo area - Tongariro - browns and rainbows  8)
Then 4 weeks on the South Island - Mataura here we come.  8)
Home on Saturday March 11th in time for the opening day on The Lunan the following Wednesday.

Now that's what I call planning.  ;)

scoobyscott

Sounds superb. I always struggle to hit the local for at keast a week or 2 after being abroad. Kudos to you if you can jump straight into the Lunan on a no doubt driech opening day after sunny nz 😁

Wildfisher

Quote from: scoobyscott on October 18, 2022, 02:55:45 PM
Kudos to you if you can jump straight into the Lunan on a no doubt driech opening day after sunny nz 😁

It's my duty Scott.  ;D

Bobfly

~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page