News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

To Kiwi Or Not To Kiwi?

Started by Wildfisher, September 29, 2022, 12:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

All bookings now confirmed.  Alex is one hell of an organiser.  8)

andy m

Great stuff hope you and Alex have a great trip and you can get some big Browns and rainbows . Will you be bizy now at the tying vice getting patterns tyed for the trip or is easier to wait and see what the guides or locals recommend and purchase flys there. Any way you will be like a bairn waiting for xsmas now even though you have been a few times before still very exciting cheers Andy

Wildfisher

Thanks Andy, really looking forward and it's certainly likely to be my last trip. Getting too old for this jetset fishing.  ;D

Wildfisher

Well that's our schedule for the North Island sorted. I've never been to that part of NZ before, far less fished there, so really looking forward to that.
So, 7 days North Island, fly to South Island, 4 weeks there.

All I have to do now is figure out how to pay for it.   ;D

andy m

will it be all river and small streams that you will be fishing Fred or are there lakes that you can fish from the shore for rainbows and Browns . good that you are getting a shot at a new area of New Zealand before you head to the South Island and hope that it is prouductive and the weather is in your favour for your trip

Wildfisher

There is one lake we intend to visit in the south that is famous for its cicada hatches and really big browns. The cicadas blow onto the lake from the surrounding tussock lands and the fish are on the lookout for them. Same idea as we get here with the big daddies up in Caithness.

Go To Front Page