News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The scam of "renewable" energy

Started by Wildfisher, October 03, 2022, 11:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Even Saruman didn't do this much damage to the environment.

What a complete scam this "renewable"  energy is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63089348

Guest_8

Renewable energy isn't a scam per se, as usual it's our obsession of making money out of things that is the issue. That and our politicians are utterly clueless on anything other than claiming their expenses it would seem.

Wildfisher

Renewable energy is mainly about well healed middle class virtue signalling, tree huggers  and whining clueless adolescents who get far too much pocket money from mummy and daddy.  ;D

Fishtales

It is mostly a scam. They chop down 500 100 year old trees and plant 500 new ones and call it being carbon neutral, but it takes years to take up the carbon released and there is more released as they burn more old trees.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Guest_8

'They chop down 500 100 year old trees and plant 500 new ones and call it being carbon neutral, but it takes years to take up the carbon released and there is more released as they burn more old trees.'

Which again is due to our politicians allowing them to claim tax incentives to do so. Corruption destroys everything, sadly. We've just taken the decision to take two CHP engines offline at work, which costs us £7.5k a day, the difference between generating electricity via burning gas, and having to pay for it. To the money men, this is madness, but we need to stop burning everything.

It's not renewable energy that's the problem, it's how we do it. The current situation with Gas should cause us to accelerate our next generation of power production, but no, we're talking about more gas exploration and inexplicably, black manky coal.

You just need to look at Quasi Quarteng's wife setting up a pharma company, the moment he was given the job of Vaccines minister to see where the issues lie. A midden of snakes.

I'm away a walk ower the river to calm doon. :-)

Wildfisher

The vast majority of UK homes are heated by gas it is simply pie in the sky and delusional   to believe this can change in the short to medium term There is no money and regardless of where  the money went this is the realty. We will be burring gas for a long time yet and it makes more sense economically, environmentally and for national security we exploit our own rather than import it. This is well overdue, we should have been doing this for at least the past 30 years AND building more nuclear power stations. Successive governments of all colours  have cocked this up big time and kicked the can down the road. Short term thinking, self serving arseholes.

I'd be reopening the coal mines too!   8) 

Ye jist cannae beat a cheery coal fire!  ;D

Guest_8

'I'd be reopening the coal mines too!'

As I always say when folk moan about the blight of wind turbines, gimme that view anytime over the monstrous holes and toxic spoil mounds left to ruin locally by the coal lot. But aye, they built a community centre. Scum.

Wildfisher

Looking backwards never solved anything and certainly won't heat many homes. I used to love my coal fires and would have one now if my house had a chimney.  ;D

A dram in one hand, a good book in the other, feet toasting beside the hearth as the rain rashes down outside and the ales rattles the windows!

Heaven. What could be more Scottish?

Guest_8

There is some really interesting stuff going on in the sector, this is a phenomenal project that I'm surprised hasn't been publicised more. Solar energy is coming on at a rapid pace, the latest panels can harvest solar energy 24 hours a day.

https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2022/08/19/factory-to-build-subsea-cable-from-sahara-to-devon-approved/

Wildfisher

There's a solar "farm"  (farm being renewables double-speak for ugly  industrial installations made in China)  not far from here. Don't know how much energy it provides even here in relatively sunny Angus. Still every little helps I suppose. I've yet to figure out how to plug it into my gas boiler though.  ;)

Go To Front Page