News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Why Orvis reels are so expensive

Started by Wildfisher, October 06, 2022, 09:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Bobfly

That was very impressive.  It also links to the rod making video which just as good.
Awesome !!!  Cool !!! 😀😀
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

There is something very special about a well engineered, quality reel.

Bobfly

I have six Orvis reels and seven spare spools. During a closed season maintenance day I turned a central spindle screw anti- clockwise to undo it, forgetting that on that model it is a reverse left hand thread. So I sheared off the head. An Orvis storeman sent me a new screw f.o.c. as well as a couple of clicker tabs because he came on them whilst looking for the screw. What service ! Luckily when I drilled out the stub it spun free and came straight out since the drill was turning clockwise.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Sean Freeman

I had one of the American made orvis reels for a while, lovely reel and beautifully made! I think for value and quality it's hard to beat a Danielsson! One reel I bought this year that is exceptionally made is an Einarsson 5plus, the tolerances are so tight and the drag is very smooth.

Wildfisher

Quality reels last as well. My old Vosseler D3 has been bashed from pillar to post, covered with dings and scratches  and it's still functioning perfectly.

Go To Front Page