News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

A stroll down by the river just before dark.

Started by Wildfisher, November 03, 2022, 07:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Lots of water now.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

Wildfisher

Air2 S Ian. Shot in RAW. Not high cloud so no good sunset.

Wildfisher

School boy error with the drone too. I could not get it to fly back down to me. It was ignoring the stick command. I was stumped. Eventually it responded to return to home and almost crash landed. I added extended landing gear to help take-offs from rough ground. I'd forgotten to fold it down and it was interfering with the lower obstacle sensors.   That was close! ;D

Wildfisher

By the way Ian, I upgraded to the new DJI RC controller. Much better in all ways. Light as a feather, no phone, cables or tablet required, better customisable controls etc. Best of all you switch it on and it's ready in no time. It's not compatible with al drones though and was just upgraded for the Air2S a few weeks ago.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DJI-Controller-Lightweight-Precision-Transmission/dp/B09ZP3GZSN/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2JSBMAOL6MGAJ&keywords=dji+rc2+controller&qid=1667551054&sprefix=%2Caps%2C80&sr=8-5

IanR

Thanks Fred.

I don't think that it's compatible with the MA2 yet, or I'd be dropping some Christmas hints  ;)

Wildfisher

It really makes a big difference Ian. I think you are right it's only compatible with the Mavic 3, Mini 3 pro and the Air2S. hopefully they will add more as the price is good and they will sell a lot of them

Hill loch gold

What are the drones like to fly Fred, is it easy enough?
Also what kind of distance do you get with the 1 you have?

Wildfisher

I'll be honest Alan, I'm not a great drone pilot and found it tricky. It's the same as anything else, the more you use it the better it gets. I still have a feeling of uneasiness when it's flying over water and it makes no sense because if it crashes on dry land it's still going to be trashed.  ;D

The great thing about a drone is it lets you get shots at angles you just can't get any other way.

If you are going for a drone spend a bit more and get one that has safety features like optical avoidance.

Go To Front Page