News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Why I Don't Go Fishing In Winter

Started by Wildfisher, January 02, 2023, 03:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I had a wee stroll down by the river an hour ago to remind myself why I don't got fishing in winter. Although it's not obvious from the photo it was Baltic, the ground frozen solid. Even if there were grayling in the river I would not be out fishing for them. To hell with standing in water that is barely liquid dragging the bottom with tungsten. The big flood waters have receded but there is still ice everywhere. Even flying the drone was painful.

Brrrrrrr..............  :)

[attachimg=1]

arawa

This is why I don't go fishing in winter! Actually, I was going fishing but it was not Winter and was well into "Spring".

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Ah yes! Highland springs - often a surprise - although I have often been surprised the other way  :)

scoobyscott

Was out yesterday for grayling on the Nith. High water, 3.5 hour round trip, 20 quid for a permit and frozen toes. Got a wee sea trout around a pound and about a dozen rapala sized grayling. Headed up the tummel today, the guage hadnt updated from midnight, levels were not bad though. Got up to pitlochry, river was massive. Guage had updated in the hour drive up to show an extra foot of water  >:(
Must be aff my heed  :o

Wildfisher

Quote from: scoobyscott on January 04, 2023, 10:15:17 PM
Must be aff my heed  :o
Nah, you are just younger and keener than us cynical old bastards   ;D

scoobyscott

Go To Front Page