News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Travelling And Fishing Abroad

Started by Wildfisher, January 12, 2023, 02:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I'm 70 now and have done a fair bit of travelling over my life. USA, many European countries, Nepal, NZ etc

I've only fished in 4 though; UK, Norway, Spain and NZ. My fishing in Norway was very limited and pretty much the same as at home. My NZ fishing needs no more said about it and Spain was great,  catching carp and barbel on the fly.

What's been your own fishing experiences abroad?

Wildfisher

A small tuna? What, about 150lb ?  ;D

scoobyscott

Been to Slovenia twice, amazing scenery. Totally different to fishing here. Mostly sight fishing but also very expensive. Been to Czech Republic 3 times and booked again for this year. Good fishing and fairly cheap. Nice beer aswell 🍻🤪
Really fancy Sweden or Finland fishing the rovers for trout/ grayling

Wildfisher

I always fancied Norway for the grayling but never got round to it

Laxdale

I have sea fished in Namibia, Kenya and Dom Rep. Mostly getting bored shitless trawling with the occasional hectic period. Fly fished the flats in the Keys and west Florida a few times. Great fun but too hot for me.
Been to Norway several times sea angling and salmon fishing. I really like it there apart from the mozzies. There is fantastic, cheap and abundant trout, grayling and char fishing especially for people prepared to walk.

Wildfisher

There was a Dutch chap  used to post on here years ago who really rated the grayling fishing in Norway and reckoned it was not too expensive as long as you stayed off the beer!

Good thing about Norway is it's easy to get to from here.

The member was Hans, but he has not been on here since 2011!  He was a great fly tier and fished the Gaula and Glomma in Norway.

Wildfisher

Laxdale

Quote from: admin on January 13, 2023, 12:56:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8e-7AD7l7M

The travel companies that used to fleece punters in Russia are trying to move in to Norway, but for the most part they are struggling to get fishing rights owners to buy in to their robbing ways.
Iceland, however, is welcoming the new refugee anglers and has increased prices accordingly.
eg, I seen an advert earlier today for two September weeks fishing for black sea trout (world class fishing apparently  ;D) at a mere £9.8K per angler per week. Most of the fishing was on Tungaflot (sp) which used to be very cheap by Icelandic standards.

Go To Front Page