News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Travelling And Fishing Abroad

Started by Wildfisher, January 12, 2023, 02:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Yeah, I heard Iceland was outrageously expensive David. Another reason I'll likely never go. A holiday on the dark side of the Jetstream with coffee @  £10 a cup.

To be honest I'm happy enough fishing mainly  at home - and by home I mean here on the east coast. I go to NZ as much to escape the Scottish winter with its perpetual darkness as I do for the fishing. Were I to take another summer fishing holiday I think Alberta in Canada would be my 1st choice.

Fishtales

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

SoldierPmr

arawa

Quote from: SoldierPmr on January 18, 2023, 04:32:34 PM
Funny enough I'm going next January unfortunately not for fishing though. I'll have to report back on the prices.

Good luck! I was there for 2 days one January and the snowfall was so heavy I saw absolutely nothing!

Bobfly

Good pubs, good food, sensible prices, friendly folk, good lough fishing and fine rivers ... try Ireland.
We based ourselves near Ballinrobe on the east side of lough Mask for six or seven years. Stayed at a self catering place with a chap who had five or six boats at different locations. Had a great time.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

scoobyscott

Colorado could be next years destination. Was speaking to a few guys at the weekend who have been going for a few years. Sounds great

Sean Freeman

I'm off to Iceland again this June/July for a week. Targeted the char mainly last year and had them to just under 7lbs, although I hooked something big on Thingvallavatn that screamed off and unhooked itself at distance. I'm going to target bigger trout in Villingavatn and a couple of highland rivers this time. It's expensive but it's also a nice week away with my brother, uncle and cousin.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Sean Freeman on January 20, 2023, 12:14:48 PM
a nice week away with my brother, uncle and cousin.

Good on you. Family trips are special. :)

arawa

Quote from: admin on January 20, 2023, 12:17:44 PM
Good on you. Family trips are special. :)
And, in my experience, VERY VERY competitive  ;D ;D

zeolite

Err

Apart from Scotland

Epic troots of various types in Wyoming USA. The best trout fishing I have ever had the pleasure of. rainbow, brown and cutthroat. I did a little salt water fishing in Texas which is supposed to have excellent "sea trout" and redfish but all I got was catfish and a flounder.

Couple of casts in Singapore but not really with any hope.

Here in SW Norway where the trout fishing is excellent and some good salmon fishing.

Schrodinger's troots pictured above.

Go To Front Page