News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Oliver Edwards

Started by Clan Chief, April 23, 2023, 10:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

Last night I heard the sad news that Oliver Edwards has passed away.
Oliver Edwards was a great inspiration to so many people. I was inspired by his articles in the Flyfishing & Flytying magazine, his flytyers masterclass book and of course his wonderful series of Essential Skills dvd's.
I was lucky enough to be present at one of his flytying demos at the BFFI in Stoke back in 2010 when I recall him telling the audience that this would be the last time he would attend such a show. There was no airs and graces about him. I liked his no nonesense approach. He truly was one of the greats!
He will be such a loss to the flytying and flyfishing community.

Wildfisher

A great British fly tier and fisher. I knew he was already in a care home and suffered from dementia but this is sad news.

Loved his no nonsense Essential Skills DVDs, so soothing in the rip-lip,  yee-hah up and at 'em world of modern fly fishing.

It's the end of an era. :(

Bobfly

A loss indeed. I have a couple of his dvds and the character comes straight out the screen. A huge angling influence and a great legacy for other anglers.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

burnie

I'm sure I saw him at a CLA game fair back in the 1970's, at that time I wasn't doing much fly fishing, but was always interested in anything Angling.

scoobyscott

Loved watching his dvds. Will have to dig them out again. His flies were next level and a good test of skill

Hill loch gold

His freshwater shrimp pattern is an early season favourite of mine.
Good tyer and angler

SoldierPmr

Enjoyed watching Oliver's DVDs some of his patterns were so realistic. I would of been mortified to loose one of those to a tree.

Go To Front Page