News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Chasing Pikeys

Started by Wildfisher, April 25, 2023, 12:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Some shots you can only get with a drone.

Milldens Mire this morning; we used to fish here when we were kids. Pike and Perch and getting chased by The Major who made it clear we were not welcome!

We fished in every burn and pond within biking distance of Arbroath and were chased off most of them.  It was a rite of passage. 😃

These ponds were much more open and a lot bigger 50 years ago. The trees and vegetation have encroached massively.  I guess they are destined to become marshland then vanish completely.

Heck I'd still fish there if I could get near the banks and probably be haunted by The Major's spirit!  😉

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Wildfisher

Thanks Ian I just got a window of calm between the gales. Drones are just great for giving an overall view. It's clear access here is next to non existent. No way to get the info. otherwise. 

Fly fishing is out as is spinning due to Canadian pond weed in summer (where did THAT come from?) , but I might have a go with a float setup.

burnie

One of my apprentices and his mates had Pike to just over 20lbs out of there ten years ago, would be a great place for wildlife filming too. I was given the owners details, but have lost them somewhere, I know who to ask though.

Wildfisher

Quote from: burnie on April 25, 2023, 02:29:50 PM
I was given the owners details, but have lost them somewhere, I know who to ask though.

Osborne, Balmadies Estate. There is another pond on another part of the estate that had even bigger pike and perch. Totally unfishable from the bank back in the 60s

Go To Front Page