News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Forum Upgraded

Started by Wildfisher, April 30, 2023, 10:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I've just upgraded the forum software to a new version which should be better in many ways. It has gone surprisingly smoothly so far but please be patient as there will be issues and new things to get used to

The old method of placing attachments in-line does not work so expect to see [attachimg=n] turn up in many old posts.

There is a new and better way of doing this and the usability on phones is vastly improved.

There are still things needing set-up and fine tuning and new member registration is currently disabled until the final set-up is done.

In the meantime just use the forum as normal and post here with any issues you encounter. If you want to help then the best thing you can do is post and participate. 

Wildfisher

Appears we have no smileys :(

arawa

Quote from: admin on April 30, 2023, 11:14:22 AMAppears we have no smileys :(

In my 1030 post I have a smiley 😀

Wildfisher

We have smileys  :)  :)  ;)  :D  ;D  >:(  :(  :o  8)  ???  ::)  :P  :-[  :-X  :-\  :-*  :'(

Fishtales

Quote from: admin on April 30, 2023, 03:49:36 PMWe have smileys  :)  :)  ;)  :D  ;D  >:(  :(  :o  8)  ???  ::)  :P  :-[  :-X  :-\  :-*  :'(

Any more than three smileys will be deleted :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

That was a hell of job to fix. Trying to work out what was actually wrong, there are a lot of possible causes. Upgrades can cause legacy issues, fresh installs are far easier. Turned out to be a database issue.  ::)

Wildfisher

Quote from: IanR on April 30, 2023, 07:42:59 PMNice work gents.

still a bit to do, sort out registration and anti-spam issues will be the next thing.

Basically it's very similar to the old software but better for mobile devices, adding images etc

superscot

sagecirca

Nice work Fred. I have just submitted a report, might have posted it in the wrong section - feel free to move it if I have.

Go To Front Page