News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Lost Eye

Started by hopper, May 03, 2023, 10:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

Hi all, used to fish lock Eye up at Tain every late spring and enjoyed some cracking sport but due to covid the Loch is not so easy to get on. Anyone got any contacts up there
Cheers

Hill loch gold

I used to get boats from Roger Dowsett years ago. Don't know what the situation with him and the loch is now.

Last time i asked about the loch in the gun shop in tain, i was told it was only locals that were allowed on at the time.

hopper

Thanks, we used to get the boats from Roger to the Mounteagle estate stopped renting boats to him after covid. He was not a happy chappy as they were a large part of his income

Hill loch gold

Have you tried contacting the estate?

Or maybe if you ring Macleods in tain, they will can help you. They also used to do boat hire.

hopper

Macleods said they keep the boat for local anglers we did get it before covid, looked on the estate web site not much about the fishing but might be worth a call.
Cheers

Wildfisher

Was the loch not run by some guiding / outdoor business and cost an arm and a leg?

Wildfisher

hopper

That's who we got our boats from, yes a little bit expensive but if you can't treat yourself every so often for some quality fishing.

Go To Front Page