News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New fishing for me...

Started by Troot, May 15, 2023, 02:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troot

Like many on the old style forum, I haven't posted much over the last few years. I must say that I've also done much less of the wild trouting that I so much enjoy. This is mostly due to family commitments but also I guess a bit of needing something new...

So this year I've bit the bullet and bought myself a Honwave inflatable boat...I had been given a smaller one by a forum member a few years back and must say it was great fun catching cod and mackerel etc down near Dunbar. The bigger boat will hopefully allow u to be out more often and go a bit further. Had a fair few codling on trip out last week but knowbody wants to see a photo of a well-deid cod in a buckt...I'll get some better shots next time out.

IMG-20230515-WA0000.jpg

Hope to report more about our adventures out at sea over the coming months!

Best,
Tom

burnie

I have ummmmed and arghhhhhh'd about getting a boat, but never got roundtuit, just as well because I'm not a very good sailor, not often sick, but go a nice shade of green, so stick to the shore.

Wildfisher

Looks good Tom, hope to hear about your coming trips! :)

Crawhin

Nice looking set up there - what size inshore cod are you getting from it?

Cheers,

Ian

Troot

I've only been out the once last week and we were getting them up to about 4lb but were mostly smaller. I fish mostly soft plastic lure, weedless. But I'm by no means an expert!

In the wee boat we didn't dare venture out too far but still got some codling. Plenty mackerel for the smoker though. Good fun on the fly rod - though I often nip down to Granton breakwater for that.

Hopefully get out this weekend and give an update soon :-)

Go To Front Page