News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Heli-Fishing

Started by Wildfisher, May 16, 2023, 09:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

In NZ hiring helicopters to go fishing is quite normal. Many rivers have difficult gorge sections making trips in and out the same day impossible by any other method.

Now I can think of more than a few hill lochs where such a service would be useful.

Anyone know of any companies who might provide that service?  8)

Fishtales

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Jon

Quote from: admin on May 16, 2023, 09:30:31 PMAnyone know of any companies who might provide that service?  8)

No but wait until three months after my first Euro Millions lottery win and I'll be able to help. :)

arawa

You jest, but a few years ago I looked (not really seriously ;D ) into the feasibility of using a microlight fitted with floats for this purpose. I had a PPL and some experience with wheeled microlights but what put the final nail in the plan (apart from my wife's absolute veto) was watching a stream of low-flying military aircraft with their associated turbulence zooming through the glens.
As an aside, I know of one large estate that, quite recently, looked into providing this service by helicopter to their paying guests for sightseeing, fishing and hillwalking. Why I don't know, but they decided against the plan.
IMG_6267.jpeg

IanR

A few years ago, I saw a group of anglers arrive by helicopter at the Merkister Hotel on Orkney, to fish the Harray Loch.. ???

burnie

A pal many years ago was dropped off by helicopter at a river in Canada somewhere, as he climbed out with his fishing gear, the pilot gave him a loaded rifle and said "in case you bump into a Bear". he reckons it was the worst day of his life he was terrified until they picked him up about 6 hours later.

Go To Front Page