News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Tackle and Gun shop for sale

Started by burnie, May 25, 2023, 11:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burnie

I see the shop in Arbroath is up for sale, what with Orvis going and Mallochs, we will soon have no tackle shops left round here. One in Montrose, but mostly shooting stuff, one in Forfar and Robbies place on the Kingsway in Dundee and that's it. Blairgowrie still has a couple, but that's a fair trek for a couple hooks and some nylon.

Wildfisher

I try to use Angus angling in Forfar, often getting small items like nylon posted out. One huge problem is car parking with woke councils making it as difficult as possible and not worth the bother.

burnie

I use Neil's place in Forfar, Anglers Choice in Dundee for my sea fishing stuff, I like a furkle in a tackle shop, been doing it for nearly 65 years and they can't touch you for it.

Bobfly

One large place outside Stirling and no wee shops at all for me. At least you can park at the Mart complex.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Stonepark

Arbroath has been up for sale for at least 2 years and no takers as yet. I understand it is leashold, so not the most attractive proposition.
"Just My Tuppenceworth!"

Wildfisher

Quote from: Stonepark on May 26, 2023, 12:43:54 AMArbroath has been up for sale for at least 2 years and no takers as yet.

That's what I heard too.

burnie

Anglers Choice was on the market too, about 100 years ago and it hasn't sold, I'm surprised the two in Blairgowrie are still going, being next door to each other.

Go To Front Page