News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Poaching Ripping Bastards

Started by Wildfisher, May 26, 2023, 05:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

My son was telling me that my granddaughter(7) ended up with a bare treble hook in her foot while they were down at The North Esk at The Burn near Edzell. It's very popular with day trippers. Not a treble attached to a fly or spinner, just a bare treble. Luckily it did not go in deep and was easy to remove.

On further investigation he also ended up collecting yards of discarded nylon leader around the same area. When I took my sons fishing as kids the first thing they learned was you don't chuck away hooks or nylon.

Some "anglers" really are the scum of the earth.  >:(

IanR

The banks of Loch Awe are full of discarded crap  :(

superscot

Fred a blight on most of central Scotland's lochs simply left by those pardon the swearing by those who dinny give a fuck. Seems to be part of society now just discard all yer crap at what ever spot that they choose and this includes fishing tackle which as you have said inflicted pain on a young girl, is it such a big deal to wrap it up and put into your tackle bag and bin when you get home. Seems so!
Mind fishing Loch Awe many years ago and the local ned population decided to encamp themselves a few hundred yards down the loch a few hours later a mallard was passing slowly and noticed something hanging from its beak a length of line with a size 6 or 8 hook with a bloody big worm still on it and it could have only came from one place duly caught in a landing net and forceps used to remove. Two lads I was with and big laddies wanted to go down and sort them out I managed to talk them out of it as a rumble on the Awe was not a good idea !   

Its Me

I had to phone the sspca last year to a pond the coarse fishers use, I saw that a young swan couldn't straighten it's neck so had a closer look and saw a float and line wrapped round it's body and line going down into it's mouth.
The guy from the sspca came out and caught it, they had been trying for weeks he said,he examined it and said the hook was too far down to remove it so would probably be put to sleep.

Go To Front Page