News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

e-Bikes

Started by Wildfisher, May 29, 2023, 05:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Just coming up to the first anniversary of buying my e-mountain bike. It has been a great purchase.

If I'd been sticking to roads only I would not have bought a mountain bike and rather would have chosen  a road bike, but this machine allows me to quickly access certain hill lochs up private rough estate tracks. That comes at the expense of more weight and shorter range although that's not an issue for me.

Just back from an exhilarating 25K run, a mix of public road and tracks here in Angus. Great stuff!

If you have been thinking about such a purchase and putting it off, I'd say go for it!. At 70 years of age this machine enables me to tackle runs I would not contemplate otherwise.  ;)

burnie

We've had ours for a few years now, though mine is due in the workshop for a good servicing, 20 mile bike rides up and down hills is not something we would be doing without the assistance up the steeper bits without a lot of walking.

arawa

Very pleased with my 2 Haibikes that have been faultless after some teething problems with one on purchase. In 5 years all I have needed is new brake pads and tyres. The batteries are as good as new. I just managed the fairly challenging Corrieyairack Pass from Garva Bridge to Fort Augustus on one charge.

Two things. They are heavy; at least mine are and a pair exceeds the load that is supposed to be carried on a tow bar. Also, they seem to have virtually doubled in price since I bought mine!

Wildfisher

Yep, the weight is the downside. No way I could lift mine over a high locked gate.

Go To Front Page