News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Getting Low

Started by Wildfisher, May 30, 2023, 12:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

The local rivers that is. Just back from a bike run round The Lunan and it's astonishing how much it has dropped in the past few weeks. It's still May and the tattie irrigation has still to get underway!

Unless we get some heavy rain soon the rivers will offer slim pickings this summer!   :(

arawa

Not just the rivers. I was surprised how quickly the lochs have dropped up here given what I thought was a very wet spring.

Laxdale

Other than Grimersta, you can step across Lewis burns in sandshoes and not get your feet wet. Norain forecast until at least mid June. The outlook for this summers grilse run (seal and dolphin food) is bleak.

superscot

Its roasting here in the central belt and even hotter tomorrow wed

east wind

Seems to me the weather has taken a familiar pattern over the last 5 years or longer. Cold and windy spring lasting well into May, then a dry summer leaving the rivers on their bones.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Wildfisher

Could be right Mac. Looking at the South and North Esks today we had better get rain soon.

Bobfly

All Caithness lochs sitting per normal level and not down at all. Drizzle for a spell yesterday and overnight rain showers for the last two nights. Drizzle again this morning. Grass parks growing like crazy.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

burnie

Wildfisher

Quote from: burnie on June 02, 2023, 11:39:34 AMNot getting any better
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-65786868

This was on the news at lunchtime. Scotland a country with a low population density, high annual rainfall and 35,000 lochs. What a joke these chancers in Edinburgh could not run an f-in  bath.  >:(

burnie

We had a problem last week in the village with high water pressure, we had nearly 9 bar in the pipes instead of 2 bar apparently. Well it caused bursts here there and everywhere, one neighbour had a new garden pond briefly, complete with fountain. Any way they came out lowered the pressure, fixed my neighbours burst and we can still hear water running in the pipes, so they are back again next week, seems someone reported a burst pipe over a decade ago and they finally fixed it yesterday. Water shortage.................nah...................

Go To Front Page