News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Getting Low

Started by Wildfisher, May 30, 2023, 12:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

The waters in Caithness were certainly cold because of wind chill and clear nights. Average seemed to be about 10c for daytime air temp.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

I did more drone flying over the river this afternoon. This gives a perspective that is  impossible to get any other way. What really hit me is how the winter floods have altered the pools and how much shallow water there is. Not so good! Tattie irrigation will start soon and the water temp is bound to rise more in the diminished flow. I think I'll have a go with the Euro nymph set up over the next day or two and I guess that will be it until we get some rain.

The ranunculus is really spreading fast on the river new mats everywhere - very obvious right now it is in full bloom.

Wildfisher

Well there won't be a lot of water warming taking place here today again. Clag, clag and more clag with north east winds and March temperatures.  >:(

Stonepark

Going out on the Tay for a look later for trout,whilst the wife is watching BGT final.
"Just My Tuppenceworth!"

Stonepark

Well Tay was low but very fishable, half a dozen wee trout but a few lunkers made themselves known just before dark but couldn't connect with them.

On the upside, on way back to the car watched a pair of beavers frolicking about, until they saw (most likely smelt me) and they started doing warning splashes with their tails until I left.
"Just My Tuppenceworth!"

Wildfisher

Once again not a lot of water warming today in the east. Dark leaden skies, cold east winds and pretty miserable. Weather guys are hinting of a change by the weekend, but if we don't get rain soon 2023 is looking like a short season.

Bobfly

Newtyle beats on the Tay.
FB_IMG_1686001138688.jpg
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Laxdale

Even at that height, salmon can run the Tay with ease. A mate had a sea liced salmon from the beat below on Saturday.

Wildfisher

The tattie irrigation has started! The 6th of fecking June, that must be a record for here. Unless we get rain that's the season effectively over.

Wildfisher

I just checked the Gairn with a view to a cast.

Won't bother!  :o 

Bad news for The Dee, this is prime time there. I was told the other day that Aberdeen harbour is full of very fat dolphins right now with fish not running into the stale water.

dnc-f5gqi21e.png

Go To Front Page