News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Herd Mentality

Started by Wildfisher, June 10, 2023, 03:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Before I start this rant let me be clear I love cycling! This very morning in fact I did 10 miles on our local roads and tracks in the warm sunshine.

And that's the point I did 10 miles, not me and 47 mates cycling 4 abreast at 12 MPH impeding the traffic flow and stopping people going about their business like a bunch of middle class Lycra clad Just Stop Oil nutjobs!

What is it about some bikers that drives them into slow moving herds? What pleasure can there be in  cycling like the bunch of loons I saw earlier moving slowly like some primitive multi-celled organism driving other road users nuts?

I just don't get it. Why? When I'm on my bike I always go alone and make a conscience effort not to hold up cars and trucks and I am always mindful of the fact that in a collision I'm going to come off worst.

Do those people have no imagination or is the herd mentality driven by other considerations?

Bobfly

There are many many cycling clubs and groups!!  From the larger towns and the Uni folks nearby we have a lot of groups riding on our local back roads. The village cafe is a rest stop with bike racks set out and doing good trade. Most seem to go at a reasonable pace but chattering amongst themselves somehow. Must be quite fit!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page