News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Another one bites the dust!

Started by Wildfisher, June 12, 2023, 11:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Relax, this has nothing to do with Nicola Sturgeon.  ;D

Had a wee bike run to Leysmill with the drone in my rucksack this morning. Plan was to get some drone pics of the wee  loch where I caught my first trout bigger than a pound back in 1967.

It's gone! Another of the succession victims Vaughan was talking about in the other thread. No sign of any visible water so I didn't even bother launching the aircraft.

Leysmill Moss was a good trout water back then and is also the source of Arbroath's mighty Brothock Burn that gave the town it's proper name - Aberbrothock.

So sad to see these places vanish.

moss.jpg

Stonepark

Looks like it has been deliberately drained without planning consent. The 2023 Google Earth photo is interesting.
"Just My Tuppenceworth!"

Wildfisher

It is odd. It always had an inlet and an outlet but none of the trees were there. What on earth is that white mass on the left?

Fishtales

Quote from: admin on June 12, 2023, 04:42:02 PMIt is odd. It always had an inlet and an outlet but none of the trees were there. What on earth is that white mass on the left?

Looks like it could be Marl looking around Google.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Laxdale

Quote from: Stonepark on June 12, 2023, 02:44:58 PMLooks like it has been deliberately drained without planning consent. The 2023 Google Earth photo is interesting.

Used for irrigation, perhaps?

Wildfisher

Quote from: Laxdale on June 12, 2023, 08:42:13 PMUsed for irrigation, perhaps?
Possibly, this area is Maris Piper central.

Go To Front Page