News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The usual Glastonbury shit show

Started by Wildfisher, June 28, 2023, 07:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I see the environmentally aware middle  class kids who could afford the £350 ticket had a great time carefully considering   and looking after the environment this  weekend.

Bobfly

£350 quid cheapest entry and c.350,000 folk attending. It used to be that there, and at T in the Park, the tents and bedding etc went into skips for landfill due to "contamination" and HnS reasons.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Bobfly

I guess those attending are folk that like a vast bouncy communal singalong !
I like the notion of all the many industrial scale diesel generators which also power the electric car charging points for those who go there and are saving the planet as well.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

burnie

Planet saving hippies they are not, I went briefly to the 2nd one in 1971 with a band called Gypsy, when we arrived the stage was barely finished and they had no power running. We had to leave as we were playing in London at the Roundhouse that night, back then it really was a nice event with a lot of people who did seem to care, well the ones that weren't stoned anyways.................lol

superscot

Must admit I watched a fair bit of it and would say 80% was utter drivel and the thought of paying £350 for a ticket is beyond belief it just comes across as my worst nightmare known to man. Some of the obscure bands well nay bloody wonder they are obscure as they are utter shite and that's being polite about it. Waited to see Guns N Roses jeso auld Axle has put a pound or twa on and it was the same auld few verses then Slash in with a guitar solo ...just utter crap. For me the shocker and for me one of the best to watch and will get chastised for it lol was Rick Astley singing the Smiths if you missed it check it out on iPlayer     

burnie

I think Reg from Pinner should have retired a decade ago too..

Wildfisher

Quote from: burnie on July 02, 2023, 10:01:32 AMI think Reg from Pinner should have retired a decade ago too..

I disagree. He should have retired about 1978  ;D

Go To Front Page