News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Is there a correlation between Bamboozled fly fishers and growing older...

Started by Wildfisher, September 03, 2023, 11:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I say yes.

The eyesight fades and you struggle to tie on a fly, perception goes and 3 foot high nettles are really 6 foot, you get stuck in the river by high banks and have to wade 1/2 mile  back to your entry point to have any chance of getting home for your tea.

Growing older is a bitch. Time to take up dominoes?  :(

Fishtales

Quote from: admin on September 03, 2023, 11:50:03 AMI say yes.

The eyesight fades and you struggle to tie on a fly, perception goes and 3 foot high nettles are really 6 foot, you get stuck in the river by high banks and have to wade 1/2 mile  back to your entry point to have any chance of getting home for your tea.

Growing older is a bitch. Time to take up dominoes?  :(

"The eyesight fades and you struggle to tie on a fly" Buy reading glasses from the pound shop.

"perception goes and 3 foot high nettles are really 6 foot" You shrink as you get older.

"you get stuck in the river by high banks and have to wade 1/2 mile  back to your entry point to have any chance of getting home for your tea. " You see sense and realise the stupid things you did when you were younger.

"Growing older is a bitch. Time to take up dominoes?" Only when you can't walk anymore :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

arawa

I have not changed a bit as I get older but I have noticed that the hills are getting steeper😀

Bobfly

Depends, depends. I still play badminton with pretty serious players twice a week and sometimes three sessions, several are ex-league players as I was, and everyone really wants to win every game.

I am out on my own with the float tube almost every week and in a boat on club lochs once or more each week. Keeping up some decent level of activity seems pretty essential but certainly more difficult. Gone are the multi-Munro days !

Recently had a load of blood tests checked and all OK and an annual Xray study group checks my two metal hips every year and again all good, as also a recent chest Xray.

True that the hills are steepening though.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page