News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fishing Hat Survey

Started by Wildfisher, September 06, 2007, 10:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Kind Of Hat Do You Wear?

1. Baseball Cap:  I don’t mind looking like Cooter in the Dukes of Hazzzrd or getting my ears and neck fried one day a year when the Scottish sun actually shines.
18 (36%)
2. Tilley Style Wide Brim 'Ranger' Hat:  Traditional and very stylish in a sad auld bastard  kinda way, but it stops my ears and neck being  fried on the one day a year when the Scottish sun actually shines.
10 (20%)
3. Fleece Beanie:  They're pure quality man by the way.
1 (2%)
4. Deer Stalker: I can really only afford to fish for broonies but aspire to greater things.
3 (6%)
5. Bush Hat: I was a hippy in the late 60s and rediscovered  this gem,  last winter,  tucked inside the sleeve of a Grateful Dead album.
8 (16%)
6. Barbour Shooting Cap: I'm also  taking elocution lessons just in case I win the lottery and can then afford a broonie day  ticket on the Castle Forbes beat of the Don.
1 (2%)
7. Other: specify below
9 (18%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Wildfisher

haresear

I can't vote, cos I use baseball caps when I know it will rain (can get my hood over them), bush hat when it is windy or sunny (it has a chin strap and shades a wee bit of my huge nose, my neck etc.)  and a fleece deerstalker type thing when it is brass monkeys.

Alex 
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: uncleboo on September 06, 2007, 10:31:11 PM
Bushy for me, then a fleece number when the temp. drops.
For obvious reasons :D

Bloody auld hippy. Bet you still listen to Jethro Tull albums too  :D

V-4

'Other'
Definetly!

It's a Stetson I bought in Arizona about 10 years ago and it's perfect for all the weather can throw at it.
Gets treated once or twice a year with Renapur and it stays waterproof, no problems at all.
The best 30 dollars I ever spent, or I'm ever likely to spend come to think of it.

Regards, Tim

alancrob

Depending on weather, Leather Stetson type of thing if wet and not too windy, baseball cap if windy and not too wet, double skin fleece for most days in Scotland!  :lol:
Alan

harelug

I've worn most of the above, sometimes two at the same time, these days it's either a baseball cap or bush hat depending on conditions, in cold weather one of those Norwegian style ones with tassels.
There is no greater
  fan of fly fishing

Than the worm

superscot

QuoteThe perfect hat,

Looks the part ...............................cost !

haresear

QuoteI've worn most of the above, sometimes two at the same time, these days it's either a baseball cap or bush hat depending on conditions, in cold weather one of those Norwegian style ones with tassels

I've got a photo somewhere of John wearing the Norwegian thingy underneath a kiwi bush hat. Very bizarre :shock:

Alex
Protect the edge.

superscot

QuoteI sleep with mine under my pillow but Don't tell the wife
Steve

lol

The General

I have a baseball type hat with a drop down thingy to cover your neck.  It was in debenhams for a tenner and I have found
it excellent.   There is a local guy here Brian who fishes for salmon has one that makes him look like a Japanese soldier.

Davie

Go To Front Page